5.08.2014

It Is A...

                             GIRL!
   
    We are thrilled to announce that we are going to be expecting another healthy baby girl in September! Our ultrasound went so well yesterday. The tech was excellent, chatting (I'm not sure if it was to me or herself, but either way it made me eel relaxed) and letting me know everything looked good. Muttering away "oh perfect" , "that looks great" and "great,great!" 

We saw baby reach up and rub her eyes, she had her legs up by her ears holding her feet with her hands. And Spencer and I were both VERY surprised that it was a girl! (On that note, if you are strongly opinionated on that matter. Best to keep your opinions to yourself. I am surprised at how rude and opinionated people can be when we tell them we are finding out "early". As if there is some cardinal rule we are intentionally breaking?! But I will not let then steal my joy!)

This baby will have her older sister's hand-me-downs, though a little out of season, and a few new items too. After out appointment we went and picked out a very tiny and pretty pair of shoes! We celebrated that way with Claire too. Makes it more official somehow. ☺️

Claire new she was having a sister all along. When we told her the news she was happy, but not at all surprised. She seemed confused that we didn't believe her in the first place! 

It is finally time the Smid girls out number tthe Smid boys! Auntie Lorna seems to think this means no more Sunday football.... I think we'll have to see about that!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure on no football Auntie Lo there is a least one girl who enjoys that Sunday afternoon ritual, it's when the knitting gets done :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line and say hello!