2.01.2011

Passionate Pink








If you've been reading my blog over the years,
it's no secret that I love Valentine's Day 
Next to Christmas, it is my favourite holiday.
Cynics out there call it a "Hallmark Holiday",
and while that may be true,
for a romantic like me,
there is no better day to shower the ones you
love with cheesy cards and cinnamon hearts.

Whether you can go all out
with a dinner cruise on the river,
dine in expensive restaraunts and lavish
your lover with expensive gifts.
Or you are on a budget and must get creative
with your telling of great love,
it is such a special, blissful day.

This year, my eye is drawn to pink
(clearly)
and I am loving the bright pop of it
against white, or black,
or mixed in with a variety of other romantic colours.
Mix in some glitter and you've got one happy girl.

When it comes to Valentines Day,
I am easy to please.
A cute hand made card,
a simple red rose,
some chocolate (is almost a must),
or just a kiss and I love you
(and maybe an ice cream cone on the side).

Happy Almost Valentine's Day

3 comments:

  1. Cupcakes get me everyyyyy time. Happy Almost Valentine's Day to you too, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I have been surrounding myself in all things pink as I plan a pink party for a friend's bday-so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line and say hello!