10.16.2012

Not Another Baby Picture

Honestly,
I feel like all my blog posts,
Facebook posts and Instagram photos could
be of our sweet baby girl.
And I am aware that most of them are,
but some days I need to think of the others out there
who just roll their eyes when they see another photo of a baby.
Please understand that to us,
to the grandparents and aunties and uncles,
she's our baby.
And I came SO close to posting a photo of Claire
wearing the sweetest pig tails (why are they called that?!)
They are getting longer, and her hair is getting curlier.

October,
from here until January 1st
is my favourite time of year.
I love everything about it,
yup, even the rain.
The smells, the sights, the tastes -
it is just so pleasing to the senses!
Currently I have two pots of apples breaking down for apple sauce.
I plan on canning it because my little
Wog Womp loves to eat it mixed with yogurt. 
It smells amazing in here.

October is also the month that marks
the anniversary of my grandpa's death. October 12th.
Six years ago,
and this is the first year that I don't have that heavy sadness over me.
I feel like the time has come that I can just say,
"Crazy, its been ___ years." 
And remember the find memories without crying.
I never thought I'd get to this place, but here I am.
Its remarkable how time really does heal. 


MOPS has started and is in full swing.
This year I am on the leadership team.
It feels good to have a role to play.
My dear friend has joined me again,
this time with her own little bubba!
Spencer has begun his NINTH quarter 
and is already swamped with exams.
He is about to be able to treat 'out patients'.

In one year (at most) we will be back in B.C.
We are thinking about where to live,
what furniture we'll bring back,
and how much we'll miss our friends and this
place we've come to love. 

That's our last couple weeks in a nutshell!
How 'bout you?

{45 pounds of apples ready to go!}





No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line and say hello!