7.27.2012

Daddy's Home

The past two mornings when Claire
has woken up from her nap,
her daddy has been the one there to greet her.
We love it when he is home during the day.

This quarter Spencer is at school two days a week 
for the ENTIRE day.
Looking back I see I 
totally took advantage of having him home for lunch breaks.

But...
today is Friday.
That means we get him home
for two whole days.

I heard recently,
'The days are long but the years are short.'
Lately, I feel like I relate to this.
Claire is growing so fast,
and with that comes pushing boundaries
(and buttons. Mine and every other phone/remote/iWhatever in our house.)
More frequently I hear my self saying "no"
and I hate it.
And more frequently I find myself
counting down the hours until Spencer is here for some relief.
I hate that too.

I mean, I LOVE it when he comes home.
But I want it to be for the right reasons.
He is so good at letting me just sit for a moment to catch my breath.
Head out to Goodwill or Target to browse
and regain a bit of sanity.
'The days are long but the years are short'.
My mantra this week.

{ I see so much of myself in her! }

Then she smiles at me, 
or gives me a big kiss,
and suddenly its all washed away....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line and say hello!