8.05.2010

Technology Vs. Smids

***

Between my cell phone hating me

Computer chords strangling me

the TV being on strike and the

internet taking a hiatus

I feel officially cut off from the world

***

Thankfully the Telus-guy is coming
to fix our mess
and connect us back to reality
In the meantime I am using my half an hour break
to keep you in the loop

***

I don't even know if I'm in the loop sometimes

But I will do my best

***

I am sitting at my desk munching on raw almonds

Dreaming, scheming, plotting

the way I am going to break the news to my staff

about our move.

My departure from the site and the company.

It was kind of freaky one of the girls arrived this morning

walked straight into my office and shut the door.

She looked upset so I asked her if she was okay.

She looked at me for a moment and said,

"Are you leaving?"

Wow.

I tried to skirt around the question by answering

"Nope, I am here for the day."

Yeah, that didn't work.

She replied,

"No, are you going to another site or something?"

"No."

Staring again.

"Are you moving away? Did your husband get accepted to a school far away?"

"Maybe. I'll talk about it later." I said.

Her eyes welled up with tears.

***

This is going to be harder then I think, I think.

***

In the mean time I am munching on almonds,

writing emails,

eatting left over tacos for lunch

and steeping a cup of Chai Green Tea.

***

This weekend we headed down to Portland.

We are going to be looking at an apartment.

Most likely going to take it.

2 bedrooms, one bathroom,

ground floor with a washer and a dryer.

It is coming up so quickly.

I've taken pictures off the walls.

Made a pile for a garage sale.

***

On another note, we leave for our cruise in 22 days!

Mexico here we come!

We are leaving out of L.A.

It's going to be a LONG drive.

We are going to visit the Santa Monica Pier

and also stop in San Francisco on the way home.

Isn't there a song about San Francisco?

***

Matt and Lauren's wedding was fan-freaking-tastic.

I have created a little "scrapbook" through Smile Box.

Then our internet stopped working and

went on its own little holiday, to Mexico maybe.

So as soon as that is up and running,

I will post it on here so you can have a look for yourselves.

Spencer and I MC'd and had fun doing so.

The atmosphere was really fun and relaxed, just like them.

I can't believe it has come and gone.

My brother is a married man!

***

Well that's all for now friends.

My break is almost up.

I leave you with this fun post.

An engagement photo sesh as a bakery!

How cute is that?

***



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line and say hello!