10.07.2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to you.
The same as every other year in the past,
I have so much to be thankful for.

Words cannot begin to describe
the overwhelming feeling that bubbles up
inside of me when I mentally list all the things that I am thankful for.
It moves me to tears when I reflect on this past year,
and all of the amazing events and people that have been apart of it.

New babies,
new friends,
new family members,
engagements,
anniversaries,
family vacations,
health,
warmth of a loved one.
And I can list the frivolous things too!
Netflix, soft couch throws,
the discovery of a new favourite salad,
our pool,
tea dates,
Amtrak,
and a new season of Parenthood.

This past week I was fortunate enough
to celebrate Thanksgiving a week early with my side of the family,
sans Spencer who had to return to Portland
(insert whiney-wife-missing-husband laments here).
My mom cooked a turkey in a little cabin on a lake, 
surrounded by trees in the most amazing autumn colours
and spectacular wildlife in Northern B.C. 
If Spencer had been there with us, I could say it was absolutely perfect.

First and foremost,
above all of these people and things I love,
including my husband and daughter
(and I will admit to the daily struggle of keeping this priority straight)
I am most thankful for the 
love, grace and patience of my Heavenly Father.
He has given me the gift of eternal life after death,
the enemy has been defeated,
and I can live in the knowledge that He has paid my ransom
and I can live in the freedom of His love.

 “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.”
1 Timothy 1:15-16


My home for the last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line and say hello!