6.13.2012

On My Mind Today

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9 (NIV)


What a beautiful image of praising the Lord with no abandon.
{Photo via bippity boppity boo}

"What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also." 
1 Corinthians 14:15 (ESV)


"Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness." Psalm 29:2 (ESV)


"Everything in the world is about to be wrapped up, so take nothing for granted. Stay wide-awake in prayer. Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything. Be quick to give a meal to the hungry, a bed to the homeless—cheerfully. Be generous with the different things God gave you, passing them around so all get in on it: if words, let it be God's words; if help, let it be God's hearty help. That way, God's bright presence will be evident in everything through Jesus, and he'll get all the credit as the One mighty in everything—encores to the end of time. Oh, yes!" 
1 Peter 4: 7-11 (The Message)


Perhaps it is the birth of Miss Lola that has me feeling like life is so good, or perhaps it is answered prayers in (my kind of) timely fashion, the hugs and back pats Claire gives or knowing that soon Spencer will be off for two weeks. But I have been feeling so filled with the kind of joy that only comes from the Lord. He is so good. Today I found my self singing while cleaning the house, "Give thanks to the Lord Our God and King, His love endures forever. For He is good, He is above all things. His love endures forever. Sing praise, sing praise..." (Sorry for the cheesy video.)








1 comment:

  1. Love those verses Michelle and such a good reminder of where our joy comes from. It isn't our circumstances it is from knowing and loving Jesus. Such a blessing when life is level and things are going well. So much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line and say hello!