8.25.2010

Embrace The Change

Today my mind has been reeling
After today I have 4 and a half days of work left
The change is coming quickly
I cannot believe how fast the time has gone
Since this seed was first planted

My mind does not stop thinking
Which seems to be causing problems in the sleeping department
And if you know me, you know how much I like my sleep!
If I am not tossing and turning
I am dreaming about it

Will I make friends?
Will we have visitors?
What colour cushions should I have for the couch?
I need to learn to sew.
I am going to dye the curtains.
What colour?
Will my items on Etsy sell?
Will it be a success?

Will I find work?
What church will we attend?
I hope the grey carpet grows on me.
{*not literally)
because there isn't anything I can do about it

Will people hate me
because I don't care about American politics?
Will people ask me to choose a side?
An opinon?
Will I be addicted to CNN, Fox News?
Or *shudder* ESPN ?!

See? Petty things...
And its not worry,
It's wonder.
It's not that I don't handle change well
It's the unknown I don't like too much

Jobs
Visitors
Time
New country
New faces
New role as a wife
Women's Bible study
Small groups
New church
New space
New room

What will my neighbourhood be like?
Can I bike to get groceries?
Will there be orange trees in the fall?
Friends next door?
 

I guess I will have to wait to find out, won't I?
For now, I will just enjoy the rest of summer in Tsawwassen



P.S. The Hanson concert is in 30 days!


1 comment:

  1. All the wonders. It is going to be a great adventure which will be full of wonderful firsts and probably some painful moments as well, it will be life and you and Spence will shine where ever and whatever is ahead, cause your the best! Love you and excited for you.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line and say hello!