1.12.2010

A Whole Day of Love

Perhaps you are a cynic who thinks Valentine's day is dumb.

Perhaps you are in love, and can't wait for it to come.

Maybe you are apathetic to devote a day to love.

But to me there's not a better time

To show him that he's mine.



If you've been reading my blog for a while, you may be able to tell that I love the holidays. I love to celebrate. Birthdays, anniversaries, the first fire of the winter, the first bud of spring.

Once again, a holiday comes that I enjoy celebrating - Valentine's Day!

Whether I was single, smitten, or deeply in love, this is a great day. It is also hated by many. It is not just a day for those who have a significant other. It is a time to show love to family, friends or even a neighbour.

There is nothing like a card covered in hearts to say "I'm thinking about you", or "You're special to me".

The mushy cards with puppies and kittens, cinnamon hearts and stores decked with shimmery hearts in pink and red.

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? If so, how do you make your loved ones feel special?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line and say hello!