6.08.2013

What Is This?

There has been a lot of things happening around our house the past few days.
Boxes are piling up high, 
leaving me feeling claustrophobic.
I actually can't walk into my bedroom without knocking
a tower of them down.

We are making plans for graduation,
praying for board exams being written,
posting ads on Craigslist 
and wading in the awkward waters of Good Byes.
I like to say "See ya later" instead,
but the reality is that some of us are parting ways,
and long ways and it really is good bye.

Last this,
final that,
wrap up party here
and a finale there.

The awkward hugs, 
lack of eye contact,
don't let them see me cry.

The transition of our life here,
and our life there.
So excited for our future -
NO SCHOOL,
working,
living in Canada,
a new home,
old friends,
family.
Camping,
family reunions,
catching up and plugging in.
Culture shock?
Probably.

This post is lacking flow,
but this is just our life right now.
This is the last week for us to just chill.
Then BOOM!
Finals week, packing our things,
shipping out and moving on.

Boxes taped,
labeled,
documented.
Cars imported,
paperwork,
grad caps,
pomp and circumstance.

How do I navigate this?
One foot in front of the other.
Holding Spencer's hand in my left,
and Claire on my right hip.

Together,
as a family,
we will walk into the exciting unknown.
God brought us here,
and now,
what's next?


1 comment:

  1. Hi! Do you know if they mаκe any plugins tο aѕsist with SEO?
    Ι'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not sееіng
    verу gοod succеss. If you know οf аny please sharе.
    Chеerѕ!

    Fеel frеe tο visit mу hоmepage - rhinoplasty

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line and say hello!